Can You Hear Me Now?


I thought it was bad when Dad and I got cut off once or twice during phone calls. However, trying to have a full conversation with Sam is like trying to tame a polar bear (just for you Aunt Kris); almost impossible. Each time we try to talk on the phone, it consists of a lot of roaming. By roaming, I mean I am usually wandering around my house in search of a good reception spot. From sitting on my kitchen floor to standing in the corner of my spare bedroom, I’ve explored almost every inch of my house in an effort to keep my service. Just last night, I ended up laying on my bedroom floor because that’s where I had enough bars. Of course I then fell asleep there after we hung up (like I said in my last post, I’m worn out..). 

Often times we get cut off more than three times during any given phone call. Whoever’s end it was on, usually mine, will go find a better spot to call from. Then we repeat this cycle until we actually finish the conversation we were having or until we don’t want to keep rushing our words in fear of a cut off. Sam always says, “that’s Alaska for ya” which I have found can be said for so many of the quirks to living in this state, in the bush specifically. Oh well, just another moment that makes you appreciate the little things like uninterrupted phone calls and having the ability to talk on the phone at all. However, I am looking forward to when he’ll be in Pilot Point next weekend and we can actually have a full conversation without getting disconnected a million times throughout. 

1 comment: