Living Up My "Lasts"

 I can’t believe that four months have passed me by so quickly! I decided that this weekend I wouldn’t feel guilty about taking time to myself. While I had packing to do and lessons to plan, I decided that most of that could wait until Sunday night. I wanted to spend this weekend in Pilot Point doing all of my favorite things.

The weekend started off with a nice surprise from Sam who called me on Friday and told me to pick him up at the airport in a few minutes (he was supposed to be coming in on Saturday afternoon). I was so excited to be starting my weekend off with this surprise. Oh and then I was treated to a home cooked meal and my favorite movie so that was pretty great:) 

Saturday was a bit of a lazy day and I spent my morning catching up on some beading and just lounging around. In the afternoon however, Sam and I gathered up my dog and her boy and then all the kids in the village that we could find. We went for a really nice walk on the beach and it was great to spend time with the kids outside of school. They loved walking on the small frozen pools of water on the beach and playing with frozen jellyfish. 

The only downside to the walk was when my student (who is known as Mr. Norman in previous posts) didn’t want to participate much. He was excited to start the walk with us, but his mood quickly went down the drain. I was trying to figure out what it was that was causing the problem, but just couldn’t think of it. As we were walking along however, Sam said to me that he thought K might have a crush on Miss Norman and might be jealous of Mr. Sam. It then dawned on me that this might be the cause of K’s attitude change. I made sure to go over and spend more time walking with and talking to K. His mood didn’t change much but the next day he was back in good spirits so I felt relieved to know that our last week wouldn’t be spent in a negative mood. 


Once the sun finally came up on Sunday, I went for one of my last runs with the new teacher and it was nice to get outside. It felt surreal knowing that depending on the weather that it would be my last time running “my loop” and I was happy to have some company along with me. I spent most of my afternoon in my classroom, but it was nice to have spent a good portion of the weekend having fun and enjoying Pilot Point. I am going to miss my PIP weekends, but I am oh so excited to spend some time at home in New Jersey before moving up to Nondalton! 

No comments:

Post a Comment