It's a Twister! It's a Twister!


No wait, it’s just Sunday in Pilot Point.. While I’ve been told how windy it can get in my village, I didn’t think I was going to experience a truly windy day in PIP before leaving. However, when I woke up last Sunday I was surprised to find that the wind was blowing in full force. The weather outside looked nice, but the wind was huffing and puffing and wanting to blow my house down. I didn’t think much of it until I tried to walk over to the school that afternoon. I’m not joking when I say that I struggled to make the 30 second walk. I was laughing to myself as I fought against the wind to make it to the door of the school. Later that afternoon my co-op and I were leaving at the same time and we were just laughing up a storm as we tried to make it home without being blown away. When I finally got home for the day I just listened to the wind howling and thinking about how much panic wind like that would cause at home. Here though, we don’t have trees to get knocked down so it’s not really anything to worry about. Oh and we didn’t even lose power or cell phone service so that’s always a plus:) When I talked to our cook the next day, he told me that the wind was about 50-60 miles an hour all day, but that at one point it got up to 75 miles an hour! 

No comments:

Post a Comment