Just Put One Foot in Front of the Other

When I got to school yesterday morning and looked down at my lesson plans, I was so happy I could cry (I’m actually proud of myself for not crying thank you very much). What I saw staring back at me was a full week’s worth of plans. I think we all remember when it was an accomplishment for me to have a week’s worth of reading prepared. What I had yesterday though was reading, math, social studies, employability, and PEP lessons planned out; for each of my many levels and students. For an entire week! 

It’s crazy to think that just two months ago I thought I would never get a handle on all the lessons and subjects to plan for. Of course my plans are never set in stone because you don’t know who might not show up or what lessons will take re-teaching. But I also know that what I don’t get through this week will carry over into next week, and that’s okay! Some days I might not feel like it, but one day at a time I’m getting a hang of this teaching thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment