Chaperoning Round 2!

Mondays are never any fun. Except when you get a phone call asking you to chaperone a trip to for a conference, in Anchorage! Ahhh I am so excited to be able to go to the conference and also to be in town! Yesterday it almost got taken from me, but we were able to find a sub so I still get to go (I would have cried to have this offered and then taken away). 

The current plan is that on Saturday one of my students and I will fly to King Salmon and then Sunday we’ll fly out to Anchorage and pick up the other student from Igiugig (a school in the north part of the district). We’ll be there until Wednesday morning and then I will get the boys on their planes home and then I’ll hop a plane to King Salmon for in-service! Of course these flights and this schedule are all dependent on the weather because that factor rules our lives out here. 

While I am super pumped to get to be part of the conference, I am also nervous to chaperone. I will be the only chaperone, and luckily I only have two students. But their lives and safety and well-being are all in my hands! Of course I care for them and keep them safe at school, but this is four nights and five-ish days that I will be like their mother (seriously I’m not going to be able to sleep). This is the big leagues for a 22 year old teacher, who by the way is only  5-6 years older than these boys. Oh geez, I hope they don’t try to sneak out or anything.. Fingers crossed and prayers for a safe and fun trip for the three of us would be appreciated! More posts and lots of pictures to follow:)

No comments:

Post a Comment