The Snow Miser Paid Us a Visit Today!


It’s beginning to look a lot like Halloween Christmas (it is October right?). As I write this, millions of tiny presents fall from the sky. The fireweed legend was right and snow has finally arrived in Pilot Point:) Yes, when I woke up and saw that it was snowing this morning, I ran right outside. I truly felt like a little kid on Christmas, and I’m happy that no one was there to see me as I ran to the different windows around my house to see the snow from every possible view. It was a very good way to wake up on a Sunday:) 

While it won’t accumulate to much this time, it makes me so happy to look out the window and see a blanket of white covering the ground! The kid in me might be excited, but the Jersey girl in me is having terrible flashbacks to shoveling out countless cars in the Centenary parking lot last winter. Winter 2013-2014 will remain in the history books of worst winters ever. However, like all things in Alaska, the snow makes for a beautiful village and I don’t think I’ll get tired of the serenity it brings. Happy fall to everyone back in the lower 48:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment