If Only You Could Smell My Kitchen

I have to say, I’m feeling incredibly productive and accomplished right now. Today on my day off, I went over to school and got a bunch of things crossed off the to do list. But then I read my emails and had to add just as many items to the list (the life of a teacher, right?). At the end of the day when I was ready to come home, I felt as if I’d gotten a lot done. So I figured I would continue the night with a nice home-cooked dinner. Chicken and pasta was on the menu, and other than almost setting off the smoke detector (actually not really, I just panic every time I cook ever since that time last year when I set the Bennet Smith smoke alarm off at school), it was delicious:)
After dinner I decided to try my hand at some baking. Our school cook, Al (such a good man- there will be a post down the road solely devoted to his cooking) shared with me his recipe for home-made  cinnamon rolls. Now here I sit, waiting for them to be done, basking in the aroma of their deliciousness that has taken over my house. I can only hope that they taste as good as they smell! Once their done, I’m going to run two down to Al and his wife as a thank you for sharing the recipe; so let’s hope they are yummy enough to meet his standards!
*Update- So I overcooked them a little.. Guess that’ll teach me not to bake-and-blog. The outer layer is a little crispy (in my defense, the temps on this oven get super hot and really quickly- it’s only the second time I’ve used it!) but the insides are soft and yummy! However, I’ll wait until the next time I make them to take to Al. I can’t serve him less than perfect food!

No comments:

Post a Comment