Mom Isn't Going to Like This One

Back when I moved into my house, I took a quick tour, got unpacked, and set to work making it feel like home. I was really impressed by the size and cozy layout and excited about having my own place! Let me explain the layout for a minute; within my house there are two apartments. One is mine, and the other is the itinerant apartment for the different district staff who visit the village throughout the school year. The first few days I was here, I had the help of a seasoned LPSD teacher, and she stayed in this apartment. So I never thought to lock the door, because if she needed something, she could come over to my apartment.
The night she left, I went to lock my door, just out of habit. It was then that I realized that there was no inside lock on my door.. I can lock it on the outside when I leave the apartment, but I can’t lock it to keep anyone out. I must also add that I’ve not for one second felt unsafe in Pilot Point. The villagers have been extremely welcoming and nothing but friendly! However, it helps a girl sleep at night to know that her door is locked while she’s in the dreamland.
After I told her, my co-teacher recommended that just for peace of mind, I put a chair in front of the door. Not that it’s going to keep anyone out, but I guess it would give me some warning right? I mean, it’s a really loud chair when moved along the floors in my apartment. With my luck though, I wouldn’t wake up even if the chair was making a clatter. Then I would have to use that bear spray, and again, I really think that’s just a danger to me (i’m bound to spray myself one of these times). Now don’t worry Mom and Dad, we’ve put a work order in and the lock is on it’s way! Until then, I’ve got my trusty chair to keep me safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment