The One With the Night Off

Three weeks into my Alaskan adventure, and I was finally able to be “done” with my day at a normal time. I have basically been moving non-stop and spending approximately 14 hours a day in my school. So today it was an incredible surprise when my co-teacher, Chris, and I looked at each other at the end of the day and realized that we would have an early night.
We had our computers off, rooms tidied up, and were out the door at 4:30; I still can’t believe it really happened. We even got to have a nice dinner with her friend who is visiting. A nice girls’ night was just what we needed after the past two weeks.
I’m also looking forward to being able to read for once! I downloaded so many books on my kindle before I came, started a “tree” book in school for silent reading, and have an article that I just received in the mail today (thanks Uncle Walt); needless to say, I’m excited to get caught up on all my literature:)
Also on the agenda for tonight is to watch some “Friends”, my most recent Amazon purchase (how could I pass that one up??). Any true Friends fan will pick up on my reference to the show in this post (10 points to whoever noticed it without my just mentioning it).
I can’t believe I’ve been teaching for two weeks already! It’s even harder to believe that I’ve been in Alaska for 21 days. Actually it truly feels like I’ve been here for months already, but three weeks have gone by so fast. I’m trying to enjoy every second of every day because before I know it, I’ll be catching a plane back to the lower 48! But for now, I’ll just enjoy this rare night of relaxation and the amazing feeling of not having to set an alarm for the morning:)

No comments:

Post a Comment