Last Minute Purchases


After a long, but amazing few days in King Salmon for LPSD inservice, a group of us wanted to go to the Naknek store to get some last minute items. I knew that prices would be higher in the bush, and I was prepared to forgo my fresh produce addiction in order to not spend a fortune. But then that last minute in the checkout aisle of a grocery store panic set it, and the next thing I knew, I had spent $27 on 5 bananas, a bag of carrots, and a head of cabbage.. I don’t think I’ve ever appreciated food as much as when I ate those items.
Little did I know that there was major progress on the store that was rumored to be being built in my village. The opening is set for September 1st! But I have a feeling that the $27 I spent on those produce items in Naknek will not be my last high priced check-out in the name of fresh fruits and veggies..

No comments:

Post a Comment