Good Company, Pizza, and Fresh Fruit:)

One thing that I’ve had to adjust to while teaching in the village is the constant stream of visitors coming in an out. While Chris and I are the only two here full-time, our support staff is frequently making the rounds between the different villages. While we usually have a handle on who is coming in and out, this week has been non-stop with airport runs (somehow I’ve yet to have to make a pick-up this week).
Our planned visitors this week had been our principal, our guidance counselor, and my state mentor. However, when everyone realized how many people would be down here, they rescheduled my mentor’s trip out. So we were able to have Kitza and Kasie to ourselves for a few days. Kitza, my principal, was here for two days, while I’m lucky enough to get Kasie for four days. With them came socialization with people outside the village which I desperately needed. They also came in with a shipment of fresh fruit and veggies for the school (I got to eat a few bananas this week and therefore I am a happy camper).
Then, however, we needed some extra hands on deck for some things, so our Chief Operating Officer, Mr. Luthi came out as well. He actually came in on the plane that Kitza left on (like I said, constantly coming and going!). Thankfully he came in from King Salmon which meant that he brought along D&D pizza (the same kind that the parent brought in two weeks ago). It was nice to have him come in, and equally as nice to not have to cook dinner after such a long day. Mr. Luthi also brought with him the news that I would be getting the chance to go to King Salmon next week for the cross country meet even though my students are not running (I think he realized that I NEED to get out and be around some other human beings). Mr Luthi is a good man; plain and simple.
In addition to Mr. Luthi, one of our maintenance workers also came out with him to check some things. We had a full house! It was truly nice to be able to visit with everyone and have some adult conversation for a change. We were also able to get different things sorted out and organized. While this week’s visitors will be gone by tomorrow, we will have another next week and then I will be hopping a plane to King Salmon on Thursday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment