Happy Anniversary!

I’m not quite sure how it happened, but according to the calendar I’ve been in Alaska for a full month. I can’t believe how incredible this journey has been in these past four weeks. I have tried new things and have seen and done things I never thought I’d ever be doing (remember when I filleted a freshly caught salmon?!). Alaska in itself is beautiful, but the serenity found in Pilot Point is unlike any other I’ve found before. I fall in love with my tiny village more and more with each passing minute. When I got here, I was sure that I’d be treated like an outsider to the members of the community but I was happily proved wrong and have been taken in by many kind-hearted people.

As for school.. Three weeks in the books as a teacher! My days are long and my nights get to be overwhelming. Sometimes I think I won’t possibly make it through the next school day. But I always do; one lesson at a time:) I’ve learned so many tricks and trades of this rewarding profession, and I’m only a few weeks in. I’ve been a bus driver, a gym teacher, a guidance counselor, a secretary, a mediator, and have worn so many more hats. To think of what’s yet to come is both exciting and scary. I am blessed to have been set on this journey, and I can’t wait to see what God has in store for me over the next few months. Judging from the signs I received today, I’m thinking that even better things are in my future! Happy one month anniversary to me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment