It's All About the Small Victories

It finally happened! Only other educators, most likely those out here in the bush, will understand the feeling I’m about to describe. For this first time in three weeks, I was able to plan out a week’s worth of lessons! Okay, so to be fair it was just for reading, but it was the first time I’ve even been able to think past the following day for any given subject. My mantra has become “just take it one day at a time”, because to think any further than that is enough to send me into a full scale panic attack in a mere 5 seconds. But tonight I set to work and was overjoyed when I realized that I was able to plan out a week’s worth of reading lessons for my kiddos (no panic attack either!). At that point I decided to reward myself with a run, and from there I called it a night. It feels amazing to end this night and this week on a positive note!

No comments:

Post a Comment