Isn't Sunday Supposed to be a Day of Rest?

I’m sure it’s the same for all teachers, especially first years, but I’m starting to thinking that I’ll turn into a lesson plan soon. I basically eat, sleep, and breathe school and yet I still feel like I make no progress on the to-do list. I judge my successes by how many lessons I am able to plan in a day. Aside from Friday’s rarity of planning a week’s worth of reading lessons, I’m lucky if I can plan lessons one day at a time.
Today I woke up at about 8:00 and have since been working on getting standards organized and aligned for all my classes. It’s 4:30 now and I just finished getting everything grouped together and organized in a way that will hopefully make my life easier. Then again I may have wasted time and paper, but I prefer to have things I can touch and write on rather than have to scroll through pages and pages of things online. We’ll see in the next few weeks if what I did today works out in the long run.
I feel accomplished with what I got done today and I want to reward myself with a run or something outdoorsy; then again, a nap would be just as rewarding. Unfortunately, I now have to plan what I’m teaching tomorrow so there goes that idea. I live in Alaska and I just want to be doing Alaskan things. I’m feeling very much like a child being kept inside to finish their chores on a beautiful day. All the other Alaskans get to be outside! Why can’t I?? It’s a good thing it doesn’t get dark until later (although we’re quickly losing precious daylight!) and hopefully I still have time to get outside later tonight. Back to the grind!

No comments:

Post a Comment