My New Favorite Thing


I have a new obsession and I owe it all to Miss Kasie. When she got here this week, Kasie brought along some glass floats from Port Heiden. She also brought beading supplies so she could teach us how to bead them. I must admit it was a bit of a rough go for my already bogged brain when we began. I can’t even count how many questions I asked within the first five minutes. Kasie was a great teacher though and answered all of my questions. Slowly but surely, I picked up the technique.
Beading is a task that requires your full attention. If you aren’t paying attention, you have to undo it and start over. From experience I learned that this is quite frustrating. So I was sure to devote my whole focus to the task at hand. As Kitza, Kasie, and I got further into our beading session we were able to talk. When I say talk, I mean we were able to discuss things other than lesson plans and behavior problems. I think I cried from laughing at least three times. It was the perfect therapy for this stressed out teacher.
By the third night of beading, I was able to finish my first beaded float. I love how it looks and can’t wait to hang it up. Now I not only have my three macrame floats, but a beaded float to add to my collection as well:) Before she left, Kasie was kind enough to gift me with a few more floats to bead (I swear she’s an angel). I may or may not have a new online order of beads headed for Pilot Point.. It might become a problem. Oh well, at least it will help keep me sane!

No comments:

Post a Comment