I Need to Lose More Often

Apparently today was meant to be my lucky day. It started off rough, but then my students did a complete 180 and school flew by. Then, my principal who I love arrived and made my afternoon/evening great. Finally, to top it all off, I lost the football pool that I’d somehow managed to get myself into!
Why is that a good thing you might ask? Well, it’s because of my pity-prize:) The head of the pool showed up tonight with a 6-pack of beer and two bottles of wine. Simply because he felt bad that I had lost (let it be known that I was in the top 3 and almost had it!). It was another one of those moments when I thought “is this really happening?” and “”this could only happen to me”. I couldn’t believe that he and his wife wanted to give me this gift just for losing! I gratefully accepted their consolation prize and I am looking forward to being able to enjoy the benefits of losing (for those Tuesday kind of days). Let’s hope the rest of the week continues to go just as well:) Cheers to my beginner’s luck turning south!
P.S. Cross your fingers for next week, because I really do want to win one of these times!

No comments:

Post a Comment