Roughing It

The only downfall in coming to King Salmon was that I knew that I would be sleeping on classroom floors for a few nights. With my whole not being able to sleep thing, I wasn’t looking forward to an added hardship in terms of sleep. But I was getting out of the village and around other people, so I would do just about anything. Don’t get me wrong, I love Pilot Point, but sometimes I feel like I’m starting to go a bit crazy, so I’ve been looking forward to this all week:)
When Kasie and I arrived at District Office where we thought we’d be spending our first night, we quickly found out otherwise. Mr. Luthi or Mr. Mase had gotten us a room at the King Salmon Lodge. Even if it’s just for one night, this was amazing news. Not only do we not have to sleep on the floor, but we also get our own shower (the school showers aren’t the most fun either). Needless to say, we’re being spoiled. Kasie laughed at me when I said it, but I truly feel like I am on vacation. I am loving it and trying to soak up every kid-free, stress-free second of it.
Kasie, who has stayed here before, showed me around a bit. There’s a beautiful river (or lake- I forget) in the back and the view is just amazing! We even got to get out for a nice run before coming back to a dinner of D&D pizza (seriously this stuff is delicious- it might even be better than some of my favorite places back home). I could get used to this! But considering it’s only for the night, I’ll just be happily content with my little slice of paradise:)

No comments:

Post a Comment