Village Genealogy

What did you do with your Saturday night? I spent mine creating a family tree online. Sounds fun right? It was! However, it wasn’t for my family. I had to create one to keep all the people in the village and their relatives straight. With our numbers just under 70 people, you’d think it would be simple to keep track of who’s related to who. To an extent it is, but throw in your students calling people auntie and uncle when they aren’t really related to them and it gets confusing really quickly. I was able to work with one of the larger families and now I just have to go in and add on the people that aren’t related to them and at the end of the day, I might just have everyone from Pilot Point on the paper!  Surprisingly though, I have yet to meet everyone in the village. Sometimes my students will mention people in PIP that I didn’t even know existed. So the full “town-tree” might not be completed tonight, but hopefully I’ll get to finish it soon!
*The picture tonight is random I know, but I didn’t want to upload the family tree because I feel like it’s a privacy breach or something. But while I was writing the post, I discovered that there’s a street light outside the school! I can honestly say I didn’t notice this until tonight and yes I’ve lived here for three weeks (I can’t stop staring at it trying to remember if I’ve ever noticed it before).

No comments:

Post a Comment